Treatment Options

For more information on treatment options, please visit the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s (NIDA) website on drug addiction treatments. The site offers information specific for adults and for kids and teens dealing with addiction, and for parents seeking treatment for their children and adults seeking help for friends or family.

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers a national helpline for questions on drug treatment and referrals. SAMHSA also offers two Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locators, one that is searchable by specific location and one to locate state agencies that can help.

If you prefer, you can also contact an addiction specialist directly.  The American Society of Addiction Medicine website has a Find a Physician feature on its home page, and the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry has a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder on its website.