CBD is widely available and has been advertised as a bona fide treatment for a wide number of medical conditions, in adults and children. While CBD does not cause impairment like THC does, it does pose a potential health threat to users. Currently, medical professionals do not broadly accept CBD as a medical treatment option citing the need for more long-term research to understand the health implications of using CBD and to mitigate the risks as outlined in this story.
- Ontario Canada: Pediatric Cannabis Exposure Cases On The Rise
- Marijuana Legalization in the Midwest: The Impacts, November 2021.
- Fatal Crashes: Marijuana’s involvement doubles from 2000 – 2018
- Cannabis and Pregnancy: Effects on Woman’s Health
- The Impact Of Legalization of Marijuana in Illinois, Fall 2021