CBD is widely available and has been advertised as a bona fide treatment for a wide number of medical conditions, in adults and children. While CBD does not cause impairment like THC does, it does pose a potential health threat to users. Currently, medical professionals do not broadly accept CBD as a medical treatment option citing the need for more long-term research to understand the health implications of using CBD and to mitigate the risks as outlined in this story.
- Dr. Roneet Lev M.D., Marijuana Cases from The Front Lines of Medicine 09-18-23 (60 Minutes)
- Mr. Ben Cort: Understanding 21st Century Marijuana 11-20-23. (60 Minutes)
- Older Cannabis Users: Increased Risk of Hospitalization & Complications
- Dr. Libby Stuyt: “Mental Health Implications of Marijuana” (6o minute video) (09-07-23)
- Dr. LaTisha Bader: “Women and Weed” on 10-16-23 (60 minute video)