CBD is widely available and has been advertised as a bona fide treatment for a wide number of medical conditions, in adults and children. While CBD does not cause impairment like THC does, it does pose a potential health threat to users. Currently, medical professionals do not broadly accept CBD as a medical treatment option citing the need for more long-term research to understand the health implications of using CBD and to mitigate the risks as outlined in this story.
- CDC Issues Health Warning: Delta-8 THC
- Secondhand Bong Smoke: Potentially More Hazardous Than Tobacco
- The Medical Marijuana Card: Is it the answer for pain or first domino toward addiction?
- Driving After Marijuana Use? – Impairment Can Last For Hours
- Marijuana Use During Pregnancy – Increased Risks to Newborns